View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 10:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
-Mine never tick's & the exhaust is not un-even and rough when cold....Fast idle is normal;but the ticking & un-even/rough idle could be from poor maintenance from the previous owner.
-When my A/T is cold;i drive in manual mode & Up-shift around 3k'ish,,,while slowing down to turn or stop,Rev-Match will keep it in the proper gear without lugging engine.
After engine warms up;i then select D.
I also use manual mode when driving in slow moving traffic...In Drive,car is ready to roll & will Up-Shift between 73-7500rpm's...1-2,2-3,3-4 & 4-5th...it shouldn't hang or slip between shifts. (I do recommend a complete flush & fill)
-Car probably has an open differential (if not a Sport or Nismo) & clicking could be coming from the spider gears.....or you could have a rear diff. bushing failing (leaking oil or broken)
Keep oil clean in the engine & change at a shorter interval than recommended...@7500 RPM's,,,You don't need dirty oil.
Noises are very subjective which is why I state it may be just normal. Some people think a small tiny noise from somewhere in the chassis as the engine just blew and chase themselves around checking oil, pulling engine etc over a loose bolt. That's why my main point was to go compare to another (go test drive one at a local dealer). Then you'll know if yours is normal. The tick on start up may just be the louder exhaust he is hearing and interpreting the natural metalic sound of the vq with stock exhaust as a ticking. Really hard to say and do Internet troubleshooting.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote