View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
RadioFlyer
Base Member

Drives: 08 G37S S/C
RadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

Just to follow up on this thread, if it helps anybody... Yes, there IS a difference in tone rings used in these cars. The two I came across are 46 and 48 teeth on the tone rings. There may be more variations. But what I did was pop the axle stub off the diff and swap it with one of the axle stubs from my stock core so the diff going into the car has two 48-tooth tone rings. It works fine now, and there doesn't seem to be any problems with swapping it out. Here are pictures of the side of the tone ring where it has the number of teeth stamped into the metal.

So, just an FYI for anyone doing swaps, look for this number on the side of the tone rings and make sure they match before you complete your assembly.
RadioFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote