View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerMan View Post
Hello, I just bought a 2013 370z with 25,000 miles. I love it but I have some questions and issues:

-When I start the car the first time of the day, the exhaust is very loud and the idle is uneven and rough. I can also hear the engine ticking. Throughout the day, it starts and idles normal.

-The automatic transmission shifts rough at low speeds. Is anyone experiencing this?

-When I want to pass or merge at higher speeds, my transmission shifts into a too low gear making the car redline for too long before shifting to a suitable gear.

-At 1st or 2nd gear, I can hear a clicking sound in the rear. And when I put the car in park or stopping at an intersection.

- <---can someone explain to me what this means?

I appreciate the help.
I'll try to help as I have the exact car.

Question one I am going to say is normal excepte maybe the ticking noise, you may have a sticking lifter but without actually hearing it I can't say. The louder first start and higher idle is something common on all newer drive by wire cars. They open the throttle wide and cut timing so they heat the cats up extremely quickly, this is a good thing.

Question two is subjective, you really need to try another to compare.

Question 3 is normal. It is supposed to kick down so you have maximum acceleration as you are trying to pass. This is also much more noticeable with stock throttle map because you kind of go from nothing, nothing, nothing all of a sudden to wot (progressive map). If you have it tuned this won't be such a drastic change and power will come on more gradually (I recomend Seb with specially z).

Question 4 I can't say what your hearing, either mine doesn't do it or I don't notice, but it sounds like you have what would be refered to as a stick slip. Something binding and when it finally breaks free it will make a click or pop. possibly something in the suspension when loading and unloading. This kind of noises can be a true PITA to hunt down (spent like two weeks on a 2016 vette chasing a squeak in the suspension/driveline and we still could not find it, could only replicate like once per stop).

Hope that helps.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote