View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #266 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

Got a few things done on the car tday...

Finally swapped my OEM plugs out for GTR plugs today. I never threw another misfire code since it happened when I drove her home.... but better safe!

Installed a CJM fuel tap with mini fuel pressure gauge. My fuel pressure at idle is just over 60psi. Searching through some of phunk's posts it appears I may need to drill the venturi on the fuel pump assembly. Anyone skip doing this? What is the downside of not doing it? Will I need a retune if I do drill it? Car seems to run fine so I am not sure what the purpose is.

Put in the boost sensor for my Depo boost gauge. Maybe I'll actually figure out how much boost I am running before the end of the summer!

Also got the tow bar fitted properly, but took it back off as I still need to figure out how to mount my AL Priority heads. On my 350z I made up some easy aluminum brackets attached to the tow bar for my LI heads and it worked out well so I am thinking I may do something similar.

Near term to do (enough to reassemble and drive again:
Finish mounting the AL heads, get the tow bar on and the front bumper back on.
Run wires into interior for the boost sensor, AL heads, and an amp kit power wire(might as well pull them all through the main harness boot at the same time).

Farther term to do:
Install boost gauge.
Install AL control box
Install some kind of stereo upgrade.

A couple of other notes:
When I had my engine cover, strut brace, and throttle bodies out I went over all the EVAP lines in the back of the engine compartment.. Everything looked OK so I think my recurring P0456 code is coming from where those lines meet the hardline on the body by the passenger side turbo. Getting to where those two lines meet is a bit of a PITA, but I don't feel like anything is being harmed because of it so I will put that off for another time. Probably the day when I start to get irritated with the periodic SES light.

Once that is resolved, (now that I have fixed the exhaust leaks, put in GTR plugs, and fitted the crash bar) I will have ironed out all the wrinkles and can finally call this kit installation complete! Looks like it may be a while though before I get to it. =/
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.

Last edited by Jayhovah; 07-01-2016 at 10:29 PM.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote