Thread: How is your top
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #81 (permalink)
OldGuyFla
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 370Z TS Roadster
OldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by skull View Post
My top rubs when putting it up or down. From reading here, it sounds like it is a common problem. I'm thinking there should be a way to adjust it but don't want to screw it up worse than it is. Also, when I put it up, I hear a loud pop when the top stretches out to reach the back. Is this normal? The pop sounds loud inside the car but doesn't sound loud outside.

Here's a video so you can see what I am talking about:

https://youtu.be/QGI_vDHZu0Y
Wow, that really does rub bad & when the rear is dropped to lock in place it goes with a bang. That is what you are calling a pop. Mine when it is set down it goes nice & easy. Not just like a free fall.
Are you still under warranty? It sounds like you have more than one problem. It sounds like you might have some problems with the hydraulics.

Check out this link Hello roadster owners, hope I can help you a with malfunctioning convertible tops
Klaus might be able to help you.

Last edited by OldGuyFla; 07-01-2016 at 05:28 PM.
OldGuyFla is offline   Reply With Quote