Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 06:45 PM   #858 (permalink)
blak max
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Ls swapped 370z
blak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond reputeblak max has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstar View Post
It's finally time for an update. The thread has been dormant, but the car work has been very active the past couple of months. The big news is I just got the car home from Lucas Racing and they did an awesome job building my cage and a few other related things. It's a full 6-point with door bars on both sides and the little footwell support add-ons that are allowed.

Also notable are the new fixed Sparco seats (Evo driver, Evo-II-US passenger) mounted on Sparco's mounts (but removed the slider system and drilled some new holes to make them fixed), and some nice 6-point Sparco belts. The cage builder did the welded-in mounts and eyebolts for the belt system as well, including eyebolt-style mounts for the shoulder harnesses as opposed to wrap-around mounting.

I highly recommend Lucas if you're in the Houston area or can drive here. They did top-notch work at a fair price and turned the car around and had it back to me in no time, and they really know what they're doing. I only did cage work there, but they're clearly skilled and equipped to handle any other kind of racecar work you can imagine.

I just got home, so there's still cage padding and misc parts laying around in the car, I haven't yet built my center-dash panel for the switches/gauges, and obviously haven't painted the cage yet, but I took pics anyways!

Rear View: - note direct horizontal bar between rear shocks

Driver Harness: - note the bar is bent outward slightly here to allow the seat to sit further back from the wheel

Passenger Harness: - this side is straight since the passenger has plenty of room to the front. Also note in this shot the geometry of the rear half of the cage in general, the triangles on the sides.

Roof:

Door bars!

More Door bars!

Passenger Footwell - it's hard to get a good angle for a pic of these, but they run to mounting plates in the corner of the firewall up there.

what is the fair price for this?
blak max is offline   Reply With Quote