View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 03:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
RadioFlyer
Base Member

Drives: 08 G37S S/C
RadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeRadioFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Pad deposits increase with heat, which is why you have to brake hard to bed the brakes - the heat is what causes that initial layer of pad material to be deposited on the rotor. So your comments that deposits are occurring because the rotors are "too cold" makes no sense
(snip)
I hear you, and generally I agree, but when you consider that if you bed in brakes incorrectly, you get deposits. So daily driving the pads on the street in an operating temp colder than they are designed for (even if the box says it's fine), would start to heat the pads, but not go through the whole "bedding" procedure, so it would leave deposits. Basically, the consensus on these pads are that as a daily driven pad, they start to heat up and act like they are bedding in again, but then since you're daily driving them, you are coming to a full stop, sitting at a light or whatever, and then cruising for a couple blocks, and then stopping again, and then shutting the car off. Without going through the whole heating/cooling cycle, you're just improperly bedding them. Which leaves deposits. I think it's a problem with the pads because there are plenty of other street/autox pads that don't do this.

Regardless, if you've tried numerous times to bed them, and the shake hasn't changed, then yes, it might be a manufacturing defect on the rotor. The odd thing is that you mentioned in your original post that when you first put on the rotors/pads that they didn't shake. That the shaking started after a week or so. If it was a manufacturing defect, you would have noticed the shaking right away. I've always bedded my pads by doing 10 stops in rapid succession from 60-5mph (not coming to a complete stop), and then immediately cruising on the freeway for 20 mins to fully cool them. If it still shakes after the cooling time, do it again. If the shaking still hasn't changed, then I guess it could be the rotor- but I've personally never seen an actual warped rotor, just ones with a lot of deposits. But if that's the case, do all of your same measurements, but get it on video and send it to Z1 as proof of a defect.

Another thing you could try would be to swap your pads from your left caliper to your right caliper, re-bed them and see if anything changes. Good luck!
RadioFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote