View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #42 (permalink)
old guy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 magma touring
old guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond reputeold guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Another thing to watch out for. When something goes on sale. Like tires or what ever. Buy 3 and get the 4th one free. It ain't so. The month before, you could get all 4 tires for the same price as the 3 tires this month. They jack up the price of the tires to cover the cost of the free 4th tire. In the end, you pay the same price this month for 4 tires as last month for 4 tires. I worked for Goodyear a lonnnng time ago. I seen it done by other companies too. It's just not only tires.
That reminded me of when I worked in the grocery store : the price would go up 50 cents / 2 weeks later the new stock would be printed WOW 50 cents OFF!
old guy is offline   Reply With Quote