Thread: How is your top
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
OldGuyFla
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 14 370Z TS Roadster
OldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuyFla has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp4z View Post
I bought a new top online ($1025) and a refurbished hydraulic pump ($350 from Top Hydraulics), had them installed by local body shop ($880 labor) for $2255 total. After the install was complete, the body shop told me there is a hydraulic leak on the passenger side (they saw hydraulic fluid running down the side). There was never a drop of hydraulic fluid found by me or the dealership before I gave the car to the body shop. Of course they say the leak caused the top problem and they won't work on it anymore.
Sounds like a ripoff to me & they are bailing out. Hard to say what you can even do about it. It's you say they say. Have you seen the hydraulic fluid leaking since you got it back? Is the top working?