View Single Post
Old 06-08-2016, 05:54 AM   #206 (permalink)
CarbonSignal
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
CarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant futureCarbonSignal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Hedgehog View Post
It's sad to see that with the kits that shipped, nobody posted install pics or details (other than an Instagram shot, and I'm not on that). I was waiting to see how this hooked to the factory screen and get some feedback, and what people did with the factory nav. system and the joystick...

I was also disappointed the screen layout is not user customizable; I have a 3" add-on ODB-based screen in my truck with six pages and each page is customizable for 2-large/4-small or 8-small gauges, which gauges are displayed, and what slot the gauges go in. So from a push-button interface it's totally customizable, with min/max alarms for every gauge. It does not have inputs for additional inputs or outputs, is LCD blue/black, auto-dimming (also programmable), and cost $80.

That's certainly not to knock CarbonSignal's unit, I'd have bought it if it had those additional features which are very useful to me personally. What they offer is the best option available (soon to be unavailable), and it's unfortunate it will no longer be offered/upgraded.

If you want one, now's the time to snag one! For boost gauges, this really is the way to go.

This is totally different to OBDII apps as you can add external sensors in this so works like normal gauges. Customization is also there but we didn't want to start in size of gauges etc but as said offered. Warning and dimming along with rear camera input all there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarbonSignal is offline   Reply With Quote