View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 07:57 PM   #17 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

I myself would get the clutch sorted out by a reputable shop and then tackle the SC install. Unless you have help, it could be a real task to pull the tranny and even harder to get it back in! It can be so much fun lying on your back with 75 pounds of dead weight that just won't line up to go in. Been there, done that. Legend has it that the Z has a demon bolt that must be removed too.

Good luck either way! Doing it yourself has a certain amount of stigma and it makes me appreciate it more, especially when the job increases the fun factor! It maybe difficult but in the end it has the same benefits as getting a vasectomy, you can screw(boost) all you want without worry.......
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote