View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 07:03 AM   #531 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax4557 View Post
I am doing my cjm fuel install tomorrow along with my 340LPH pump from Sasha, it seems most people just plug the connectors back up but I want to soldier them on to be safe and heat shrink them.. I am assuming the normal black heat shrink form advanced auto will not hold up to E85?

Also when we solder on the new wiring for the new pump what are we supposed to heat shrink it with?

Thanks in advance,
A few years back I found low temp solder crimps and I've never looked back. I just push the wires together then use a heat gun. The low temp solder settles in and the tubes seal themselves with the bands. They used to be really easy and quick to get but now it takes a couple weeks. If you want to wait a couple days I can bag some up and send them to you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg solder crimp.jpg (100.0 KB, 16 views)
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote