View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 03:07 PM   #64 (permalink)
blobbish
Base Member

Drives: 370z Black Edition
blobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond repute

So today was a big day for the car. First track day since fitting the SC. No video though as no suction fixings allowed.

Temps outside were 13c, water tank reading 18c and plenum temps 23c at beginning. The track has lots of twisters with three straight so I knew the car would get a good thrashing.

So first session I was a little apprehensive having read all of the issues, but truth be told everything was solid, water tank temps rose upto 24c with the plenum temps rising to 47c when on WOT. These fell quickly on a cool down lap.

I did find that starting the car after a period of cool down 30mins would see empty of heat soak but withing a few mins of the car starting allowing the water to flow and fans on the w2a radiator the temps dropped to below 30c in the plenum.

By the afternoon I watched the temps where I could and they were steady around 47-51c plenum and around 28-30c in the water tank whilst on track. The car has been set to go into limp mode should the plenum temps raised to 60c and they were now are close to that and they dropped quickly once I backed off.

All in all a positive and with the outside temp raising to 16c the temps were manageable as I've seen air temps on a standard turbo run upto 50c, which leads me to believe that a good chunk of the heat is from compression.

At no point did the car feel like it was loosing power, so not sure what all you guys are complaining about

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
blobbish is offline   Reply With Quote