View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
littlejuanito
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Touring Sport
littlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond reputelittlejuanito has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Rabbit View Post
So, I called Z1 today and told them I wanted to talk to a product representative. They put me on the phone with a very knowledgeable guy who explained the oil cooler.

The 34 Row Oil Cooler with a Thermostatic Plate is designed to open up fully at 180 degrees, like the poster above me stated, then it's supposed to keep the oil between 160 and 180. It's only supposed to go above 180 if the outside air temperature is really hot, like 90's and above, or if I'm tracking the car and running it hard.

I asked him about optimal running temperature and he said that anything above 150 is perfectly safe as the oil is viscous enough at that point to do its job.
See... you're good to go!
Perhaps a 25 row would have kept you a little higher
littlejuanito is offline   Reply With Quote