View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 09:19 AM   #61 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

I measured about 16.5 inches of clearance. You could get maybe another inch or two by adding in a piece of wood to the rubber lift block but that is about it. When I installed my FI CBE I had plenty of room to work under the car. I think you could drop the tranny but it would be by brute arm strength as there would be no room for a tranny jack.

Later this year when I do the clutch upgrade I'm planning on having it done by a local shop. I'm getting to old to do that kind of lifting. Back when I was in the USAF, I took the tranny out of my 1969 Volvo 142S by parking the car with two wheels on the curb. Where there is a will, there is a way. Especially when you are dead broke.

The Quickjack is still a great tool to have in the shop. There are lots and lots of things that you can use if for but major work is not going to be easy.
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote