View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 11:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
No offense but is this your first manual? You never ever want to shift to first while still moving. Never had a manual or driven a manual of any customers car of any brand that will allow you to shift to first while moving. Put it in first after you have stopped.
Shifting into first while moving is not that big of a deal ... if done properly.

I recommended that OP not shift until stopped because he/she doesn't seem to have a lot of experience with a manual. I've downshifted many manuals into first at "high" speed - you just have to time it right (and maybe do a little fancy foot work). With some practice, OP should be able to do so too.

But I haven't driven a manual 370Z and maybe there's something special about the 6MT, so YMMV.