View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
I believe inboard spring makes it harder to properly match spring rate to the shock valving, and that's why "true" coil-over-spring setup is preferred. Please feel free to chime in if I'm incorrect.

As far as the rear spring location, there's a discussion in he below thread

Calling all True Coilover rear suspension users
Yea I saw that before. It's good to know it can be done but I just don't feel confident about it. It's an expensive car for me and I don't want to be having it disabled while still making payments cause the rear tower got screwed up etc. it's a much simpler design and probably cheaper too so it makes me question why the oem didn't go that route. If you've ever worked in the bizz if there is a cheaper way for a manufacture to do something you can garantee they will do it that way.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote