Thread: SoCal Z
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2016, 07:31 AM   #28 (permalink)
FairladyZ40th
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th 6MT
FairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman71 View Post
Every brand of clutch has different resistances for different stages of their clutch. There are also different feelings from having different flywheels and pressure plates. If you're going to do the HDCSC I would stay away from Spec just due to the known failures.

The extra buck spent on labor for either HDCSC or z1 elim kit, the HDCSC would take less time due to less parts from what I understand. Then again, paying for things to be done correctly and with the better parts does cost more. Also coming from someone whose had the HDCSC and then upgraded to the z1 elim kit, I do prefer the feel overall to the z1 elim kit.

I would assume if you have done the lightweight pulleys and have also done the new pulley belt you should be okay there, I would make sure it is still in good condition and not glazed in anyway yet.

As for the suspension, the reason why your alignment lasts 3 days is cause you're running OEM rear camber arms. Like I said they max in adjustment very quickly and driving as much as you do speeds up the process of wearing off the alignment. If you get the rear camber arms from SPC or SPL that will help the alignment problem.

As for the dipping of one side or the other, it does sound like coilovers, but its odd how they would go out on one side. I could also see if being a brake issue, not probable but possible.

As for the process of your suspension dilemma, I would have it diagnosed to figure out if the coilovers are the problem, if they are they fix those first. If its not then fix the issue, and then do the rear camber arms and lowering springs. After that do the coilovers and go with something good like the KW v3's instead of some piece of crap that you need to upgrade to swift springs to have any benefit.

Overall, take care of the clutch issue first. kinda need that to drive

Na man fu<k the clutch, I don't even know why people bother fixing them they're no big deal! Hahaha X) yeah alrighty I think I am going to do the elim Kit and definitely do more research into my suspension and camber. I appreciate the input birdman.

Also, idk if it's the brakes, I looked at them recently and they had little over 50% and I resurfaced the rotors. I'd also like to add I've probably hit a few pot holes luckily I'm not dropping my car.
FairladyZ40th is offline   Reply With Quote