Thread: SoCal Z
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #26 (permalink)
FairladyZ40th
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th 6MT
FairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman71 View Post
Very true cannot do so haha

And you know I just went through all that crap too. All the 100k mile maintenance crap just coming through. The clutch flywheel and pressure plate and hdcsc looks to be an alright setup, it will definitely be a lot less aggressive on clutch engagement than my ACT setup I went with. As for the hdcsc compared to the csc elim kit, imo it's worth the extra $100 to me to know I pretty much won't have another issue. Plus it looks as if Z1 includes much more support and structure to the actual cylinder columns and clutch/transmission system. Feels that way too compared to before.

https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...it-p-7340.html

Just make sure you select the correct clutch type and just go with the Motul RBF600.

I would also suggest you look into getting the pulley system redone too if you haven't. Added stress from pop of the clutch and learning the new resistance could possibly leave you with the same situation I was left.

As for the "suspension issue", Have you bought the SPC or SPL rear camber arms (doesn't really matter which brand). If you haven't it could be as simple as needing a wheel alignment. The oem rear camber arms max out within slight adjustment. To be able to get the wider range and align the wheels those need to be replaced.

If that doesn't help at all you could be looking at the coilovers being done from wear and tear which would be a pretty penny.

Jebis, ok.

This is excellent, which is why I wanted to touch base with you on it haha. So are you telling me the ACT is better than JWT? Because I thought as long as I stay away from SPEC (the only clutch known to kill the HD CSC) and XTD ($hit brand) then it would be damn nearly the same set up?

I definitely want the insulated clutch line so does the ACT offer it with their kit? As for the elimination kit does that mean an extra buck on labor by any chance?

I'll definitely look into the pulley system but does that mean I may need like 100% new pulleys? Like buy the light weight all over again?

As for suspension. Nah man, when I turn left or brake hard enough the front driver side sinks a whole heck of a lot more than the pass ever side. Plus it's starting to sound like something is loose some where when I drive over the reflectors and my alignment looses alignment like 3 days later. I know getting the arms will benefit anyway and it's all part of the suspension but... Well I still have a clutch to fix X) so we'll keep it at that for now haha. I am going to get the arms though before the coilovers. I was thinking of getting springs and installing that first too then worry about the shocks. Thoughts?
FairladyZ40th is offline   Reply With Quote