View Single Post
Old 04-29-2016, 08:44 AM   #4329 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
[/SPOILER]

In one respect I agree with Ghost... On the other hand, I'm thinking the complete opposite. There's a chance the charge isn't burning hot enough to expand the casing to prevent blowback. If that's the case, you are actually in an under pressure situation. That could spell trouble if you rapid fire as you are now more likely to wind up with a round stuck in the chamber. Try to switch out ammo. If it still does it then I'd get the barrel chamber checked. Might not be perfectly cut.

If the barrel checks out then leave it with a gunsmith to diagnose. Any issue like that tells me there is a problem and no firearm should exhibit problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneZ View Post
It was an isolated incident.
It's good it was an isolated incident, but it points out that in today's ammo situation (manufacturers trying to fill demand), it's really important to pay attention to felt recoil and sound. If you have a round that doesn't feel or sound 'right', it's time to stop and inspect the firearm. I saw a Thompson copy have 5 ( ) .45 ACP rounds stuck in the barrel because of one low charge round that didn't clear the muzzle. The idiot was lucky the carbine didn't blow up on him.