Thread: Buyer's Remorse
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
sbkim
Base Member

Drives: RRSC
sbkim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZforMe? View Post
Feel free to rip me on the auto tranny, but it's exactly what I wanted.
Hey, there is nothing wrong with 7AT I am all about performance but this will also be my DD (except rain/snow) so comfort and luxury ranks high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmanZ View Post
I don't buy the resale argument some use for getting the Touring. You spend 6K more for Touring with Nav, you won't get 6K back come resale time. If one keeps the car for 4 years or more, you might get 2K more at best all other things being equal.

I'm still undecided if I want the Touring. There are a few things I really want from the Touring, but a lot of things I don't really need or care about. Money isn't the issue for me. The trade-off on performance vs. luxury is. I do want every ounce of performance this car has to offer, so to me that's the Base + Sport.

And although money isn't the issue for me, it's still a factor in principal. At $33K the car is a sports car performance bargain. At near $40K, it's just another nice sports car.
Based on your basic math, $6k now for $2k, 4 yrs later isn't so bad considering depreciation and extra "utility" of having touring and nav. Also, we can underestimate the extra marketing edge of having touring and nav later vs a base car - could mean quicker sale later.

I am also not buying your extra "performance" over touring - come on, we are talking 46lbs.

At the end, it all comes down to what can you afford and willing to dish out for a Z. Either way, it's win win.

Last edited by sbkim; 02-23-2009 at 08:31 PM.
sbkim is offline   Reply With Quote