View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 12:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post
I'm not from Texas but I was in your situation (wondering if the FI would be too loud) at one point. I try to be a good neighbor to the other people in my apartment complex, so I was a bit worried. I'm glad I pulled the trigger! A friend of mine heard it last night and said, "That's awesome! I expected it to be rattle-your-head loud, but it's just really deep." I couldn't have said it better... people will definitely notice it, but only a really whiny person would complain about it. It's not going to set off car alarms.

The main thing is that it will make your car sound like a beast... that's the only way I can describe it. My nine year old daughter said "Oh, listen to it purr!" Videos do not do this exhaust justice; it's worth every penny.
I love my FI exhaust (and I had the Stillen one on this car at one point as well), and in general I'd echo what was said above: everyone loves the sound, it's badass.

However, it's only fair to note one exception to this: warming up the car from overnight cold in winter weather. The first 30 seconds or so after startup on the recently cold winter mornings is kinda brutal both in terms of raw volume and exhaust note. If I run back inside the house right after startup I can actually see and feel it vibrating things indoors, and the sound pressure is way higher than normal idle.

It's the kind of thing that would really piss off any nearby neighbor, at least for 30 seconds or so. I actually kinda feel bad when I have to start up my car at 5am on occasion.

Then again, it's only cold a month or two out of the year here, and it's not normal for me to wake up that early anyways