View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman370z View Post
Oh and to those that are wondering how the young guys are getting their cars... It's called FINANCING. And everyone wonders why our fake economy (credit this, credit that) is falling on its face?

Anyway, with that aside, those guys work hard for what they want. Hats off especially to those that save up and pay in CASH. Not many people their age have that kind of discipline.
Financing for sure, but you've still got to be making good money to be able to afford the monthly payment if you finance the whole deal. The general rule of thumb is that a car payment should be no more than 1/5th of your monthly after-tax income. I think you'll find that most everyone here puts down a pretty decent chunk of change up front and finances the remainder. I could buy the car now but no way am I going to stick myself with a $600+ monthly payment. That's almost half of a rent payment. Need to put at least $10k down.

But you're right. I don't think any of us here would be driving these cars unless we knew we could afford to do it. So props to everyone.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote