View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
FairladyZ40th
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th 6MT
FairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman71 View Post
There are a couple factors that come into play with vendors.

-What parts you ordered

-Company you ordered from

The parts you order plays a factor because if you order a set of coilovers you can get them in the mail in like 2 weeks. That is because they are usually already produced in a factory and in stock with vendors selling them. If you order an FRP or Carbon Fiber body kit piece you have order time, production time, shipping time to vendor, and shipping time to you. Most vendors do not have a production company in the US for these body kit pieces. Shipping can take a while when ordering production pieces.

I waited close to 4 months for my Carbon Fiber SS hood and Carbon Fiber RS1 fenders from Fly1 Motorsports. I know people who have waited 6-8 months for Authentic Amuse, Fujimura, and Varis parts in Dry Carbon fiber from Japan.

The company you order from is important because of the fact you don't want to order something from a company that will just take your money and run. Usually on this forum we do a good job on staying up to date on "Bad Vendors". GTM, Evo-r, Aerojacket etc. There are plenty of threads. Just use the search function.

Just make sure you do a good amount of research before purchasing anything using only Paypal Goods and Services from an Aftermarket Vendor. If you are purchasing from an Aftermarket Company, like ordering KW v3's from the KW retail site, you have less to worry about but still mistakes happen.

If you are still unsure of whether or not to order from the company at hand, post something to the forums. People here will tell you.

Your formality and professionalism... I just love that $hizzz