View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 01:16 PM   #261 (permalink)
Jayhovah
Premium Member

Drives: 520whp Fire Breather
Jayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond reputeJayhovah has a reputation beyond repute

I promise I will update with all my pics and stuff. I have been dragging my feet on that.

Update - 3 Months being boosted:
Everything runs just as well as the day we tuned. There are a couple of lingering gremlins I hope to tackle soon (I literally have not turned a screw on the car related to the turbo kit since we finished):

TO DO:
Figure out Exhaust Leaks:
I get some exhaust in the cabin with the vent turned on to fresh air. I know one source is my Invidia exhaust has these little spring loaded slip-on flanges where they hook up to my test pipes. No doubt they were fine before, but the exhaust doesn't really fit quite right and there is some tension pulling on these joints.
I believe the culprit is some combo of the Gamma o2 housings (that come off the turbos and are supposed to have an exit-flange position the same as the factory manifolds) and my cheap ebay test pipes. Groove has Z1 TP's and his exhaust is slightly off as well. My current plan is to swap in some GTM TP's (bought second hand in the classifieds) and if it's still off, have an exhaust shop modify them to remove the tension from the system. Should be easy enough, and hopefully that is my only exhaust leak source.

Properly mount crash bar:
Never got this properly fitted. Gamma did send me the spacers and hardware I was missing for it.

Chase down P0456 code
I occasionally get this EVAP related code. I need to check out the EVAP line coming in near the pass turbo and going up to the intake manifold and purge solinoid. I also might make sure the fuel pump top plate is sitting right and that the gasket is clean. In 2013 they started covering that plate with this horrible black tar crap and it may be keeping the gasket surface from sealing properly even though we thought we cleaned it all out.

Install GTR Spark plugs
I haven't gotten the misfire code since it happened the first time during my drive back to FL from TX... but I still need to get this done.

Remove post-cat o2 sensors
My idle wobbles a little on and off, jwick suggests these could be the culprit. JTRAN confirmed I have no use for them, so I will remove them.

I've got a 3-day weekend and my girl is our of town, so I am hoping to spend some time working these items soon! Unfortunately its not the only thing that requires attention:
*My garage is a disaster and I need to reorganize, preferably before I put the Z up on stands.
*Redoing my TV/Projector/Screen setup in my living room.
*Fixing little issues with my new (to me) Ford Ranger which I just bought as a second vehicle because boosted Z. =)
Originally Posted by redondoaveb
You've got a twin turbo sound system, I think you met your audio goals.
Jayhovah is offline   Reply With Quote