View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #16 (permalink)
FairladyZ40th
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th 6MT
FairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton370z View Post
For sure. I am going to lose some cash from eating the depreciation on the Camaro so, I really have to win on this next car and keep it for 3 or 4 years for it to be worth it. I have a test drive set up with the Nissan dealership here on Saturday. It's a sport tech edition in white. I will go in with an open mind and try to forget the feel of a larger car with an aggressive look and enjoy the more elegant style of the Z for what it is. It is also a manual transmission so that will be fun. How good is the stock clutch/manual tranny on Z/s? Do you guys normally upgrade that? I think my biggest question is, how reliable is this car? Have you Z owners had any serious issues with your 370s? How many miles do you guys have on them? I imagine since this car is heavily modded by many people that it can really take a beating and is designed to last a long time. I 100% believe foreign makes are put together much better than american cars ever will be.

The clutch is really really good. As I previously mentioned a lot of members will do a clutch kit swap because of the CSC failure which you may experience between 15k miles and 30k miles give or take. In my belief that IS the biggest issue other than heating. Again, since most people are modding ANYWAY they ignore the heating issues because they install an oil cooler. Also to go with that because people HAVE to fix the CSC they kill 2 stones with 1 bird and just do a full clutch kit upgrade ALONG with the CSC upgrade. Might as well do it while the mechanic has the tranny pulled out. So NO it's not something you must upgrade because the OEM sucks it's just more economical .

However the OEM clutch on these cars is amazing. Very strong and durable and has a really nice grab/launch and they'll basically last over 100k if you take care of it of course.
FairladyZ40th is offline   Reply With Quote