View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 10:58 PM   #72 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zat_Zuma View Post
The black gunk plugging the pre filter is the fuel hose breaking down. For some reason if the clamps are tightened too tight and the hose is cut, it decomposes.
Once I replaced the fuel hose, the black gunk never appeared again.
GTM kit btw.

Once that happens the black gunk plugs the basket fill orifice's and it wont run right again. Fuel pressure goes low at high fuel demand. That is as far as I got. Returned the car to stock and replaced the fuel pump with a stock one.

That's my educated guess based on my experience.
That could all make sense. What fuel hose did you replace? All the hose in the tank is the hard plastic type. Everytime I do pull apart that basket there is that gunk in the bottom, I assumed it was a result of the orings.

Also I ran into a low pressure condition again, just when I think its all good I get a nice shot of 30psi during a wot pull, its downright dangerous, thank god for ecuteks good knock strategy protection.
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote