View Single Post
Old 04-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hotrodz
Premium Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370z Nismo
Hotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond reputeHotrodz has a reputation beyond repute

I have the Z1 urethane transmission mount and it is very simple to install and there was no increase noise or vibration due that mod. Shifting gears become more connected and mechanical, which I like. I also had Z1 solid aluminum motor mounts and SPL subframe bushing installed by my shop and the mechanic was like the motor mounts were a piece of cake compared to the subframe bushing lol. I was ready for an increase in vibration and noise with all but the transmission mounts being solid and yes there is more noise transferred to the cabin because the suspension is now rigid so no surprise there, sounds like a race car lol. As far as vibration, I really don't feel that there is much at all. I haven't noticed any and I can feel pretty much any changes in the car behavior.

The most important is that there is a very noticeable difference in in putting the power down because the transfer of energy happens immediately as there is no twisting of the engine on the solid mounts.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Fast Intentions TT Installed and Tuned by Seb at SpecialtyZ 610whp 560tq:|Fast Intentions 3" TT-TDX|SpecialtyZ/Fast Intentions 72 Row Oil Cooler|SZ 6 Puck Clutch & Flywheel|3GsCustoms|Z1|Wavetrac|Hotchkis|Whiteline |Blitz|Fortune Auto 500|Fujimura|SPL|H&R|TK|TWM|RPM Rollbar|Sparco|Next Level Performance|TrackSpec|AeroFlow Dynamics|Pioneer|
Hotrodz is offline   Reply With Quote