View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 01:14 PM   #60 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I am not sure what the rubber that gets in the basket is from, but its not the orings. I get that same rubber and the ones that have been sent in to me get it also. The orings are Viton and will not degrade. If you replaced an oring with one of your own, its possible that you didnt use a fuel-safe material.

I would gladly assemble a fuel pump module for you and pressure test it before sending out.

In fact, send me the one you are having a problem with, and I will test it as is and tell you if there is anything wrong with it. Turn around time one day, and I will ship it back no charge. I am interested in seeing this for myself for if there is something wrong with it, it will just be something for me to watch out for and help others with.

Remove the level sensor before shipping it, those are fragile and I of course wont need that here.

I would take you up on the offer if my car wasn't currently strapped to the dyno. Id love to send it to you but I think I will just try to modify this one myself since I have another one coming in a week or so. I cant imagine I am doing anything wrong as I can apply 50psi of air to the outlet port and she holds, and I can confirm that when I shut off the car it holds fuel pressure with no issues (after fixing that oring). I am going to do what you said and bypass the basket filter and put a inline filter in the car. So it will go straight from the pump through a inline filter and to the engine, then back in through the venturi setup. I am going to try and remove the factory filter from the basket to allow for more fuel to sit in the basket.

I just went out and bought all the parts to do this, if I didn't want my car for the weekend I would have sent you it. If I do this and its still dropping off then my next place to look is the wiring, which could be the issue with the repeated higher pressures that the 1:1 regulator puts the pump under. I am also going to turn down my pressure since I am only hitting ~60% duty on my injectors so far.

Ill take some pictures, and you can see (in horror probably, lol) the mess I am going to make to try and fix these issues haha. If this works then ill have another basket to maybe try and see if I can fit it in the other side and have another pump T into the outlet inside the tank and run 2 pumps (one from each side) in parallel together. This would also act as a transfer I would think. But thats in the future.

I do appreciate all your input Charles, if you dont mind what is your baseline pressure set at?
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote