Thread: Mitco39's Build
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #329 (permalink)
Mitco39
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th 370z
Mitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond reputeMitco39 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zat_Zuma View Post
One of the big issues on a return system is heat and the lack of volume in the stock pumps cavity. The internal filter takes up too much room. Plus over time the filter does get less efficient and flows less (minor)

A external filter is a good idea but still doesn't solve the volume issue. I've seen stock pumps casings with the internal filter removed and that may solve the volume issue.

Those are my thoughts anyways
I think that is what I am fighting, the odd part is why am I the only one really having this issue. I am not the only on running a return setup and some guys have to be tracking their cars and working them harder than I do.

I do agree with you on the internal filter being to big, unfortunately the one that comes with the 255 pump just will not fit in the stock basket. I have looked at what the GTR guys are doing and it seems like they dont run baskets in high volume situations, I could be wrong but its just from what I saw after some googling. I would assume the GTR has the same saddle style tank as the 370z, again I have to spend more time looking at what they do, I could be 100% wrong. But if they run basketless and have a saddle tank with no issues why are we any different.

I think the issue is that the hot fuel is going back into that basket and its just circulating the same fuel over and over, a cooler would help but I am not sure where I would fit one. They also suggested using a controller to turn down the fuel pump at idle to minimize the amount of fuel flowing through the system.

I will hopefully pull it today and I hope its something simple like a oring leaking. I will pressurize the system and go from there I guess.

Thanks for the advice Lloyd!
My Build --> http://www.the370z.com/members-370z-...39s-build.html
Mitco39 is offline   Reply With Quote