View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 07:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perry View Post
So let me first say, I've had a fast intentions CBE 12" res for a year now, and I love it, sounds great and is fairly loud when you're stepping on it, but I want some more volume and I'm not sure how to go about doing so. I've considered test pipes, as they are only a few hundred bucks and I seem to have read it makes it a good bit louder. I was thinking about buying AAM short tails and having a muffler shop cut part of the short tails to make it fit the FI X-pipe, but I have a hard time giving up the beautiful muffler cans on the FI exhaust.

Also just installed a non-res FI exhaust on my buddies and it seems a little louder than my 12" but not much.

Any suggestions? Anyone think test pipes would add a decent amount of volume and call it a day.
I'd say first figure out exactly how much louder you'd like to go.

if you want some volume I'd actually go test pipes first. it adds a good bit of power due to losing the super restrictive cats. also dropping mufflers will add more sound than test pipes.

I run non-res TP and non-res CBE with CF mufflers. I thought that wasn't loud enough so I have a custom set of short tails to match and mate with FI system. the volume goes from loud to WTF when I switch out the mufflers for straight pipe sections.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote