Thread: fuel gauge
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
FairladyZ40th
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th 6MT
FairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crobson View Post
yes I filled it up and the distance to empty gauge and fuel gauge both seem to be working fine now. guess ill have to wait till it gets below about a quarter tank to see what happens. thanks guys

Something similar happens with mine and I think it is to do with the fuel in the lines? Like if I have 1/4 tank left and I park the car then come back and turn it on again. There's times when doing that causes my gauge to read only one unit instead of the previous 1/4 tank. So my theory is also that the computer figures your rate of acceleration vs how much fuel you have and it displays a reading. Usually after I slow don or drive slow I actually start to get units back.

I've had the gauge read 3/8ths of a tank then die to 1/8 and come back up to 1/4 after driving slow.

When your tank is low, which is at 1/4, go fill up. These gas tanks are a little weird/faulty along with the fuel pump.
FairladyZ40th is offline   Reply With Quote