View Single Post
Old 03-30-2016, 02:20 PM   #29 (permalink)
FPenvy
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R BE/09 370Z
FPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond reputeFPenvy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvette View Post
The key to K&N filters and oiling is not to over oil them, and like Presto did, let them dry... The challenges comes when some folks have so much oil on the filter it drips off.... Last car I had with an oil bath air filter was a 1949 Chrysler...

the instructions for the "recharge" kit say after oiled let dry for 20 min. i did mine mid oil change and just bullshitin with my dad in the garage. i think mine sat about 45-60 min before i installed then i backed it out to give it a quick wash........then into the garage at home for a day since it was cold and stormy monday lol

soooo yea this time isnt a great example of a dry time to good to drive scenario

i will say if you pick up the filter and theres drops running down it or a ring on the ground, wipe the excess off, and let sit a bit longer. you may have gone a little heavy but it'll dry.
324whp/258wtq AAM Tuned |F.I. NonRes CF CBE/NonRes TestPipes #373|UpRev Tuner|Akuma Motorsports Intakes|Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.I. Inc. View Post
Yes, they are Tony approved! Frank, when I get around to it, I may put your pipes into production. We will call them, "The FP" option.
-Tony
FPenvy is offline   Reply With Quote