View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
FairladyZ40th
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th 6MT
FairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman71 View Post
Coming from someone in the insurance business, keep pushing for the new bumper. What is insurance company's settlement offer they are willing to pay you for the damage? as of right now.

Just because if their estimate is $750 in damage and they are going to "fix and respray" at the dealership, that's kinda screwed from the start. Have the two most unhelpful sides trying to fix your car.

You can request a settlement payout in the end and a check is mailed to you usually. At that point you can use the insurance money to buy a new bumper, whether it be OEM or Aftermarket. If you're lucky and find one in your color and in great condition you may even save money.

This also depends on what insurance company you have filed the claim through. I already assume you filed the claim through his insurance company to begin with and are waiting to use your own company to avoid having to pay the deductible and time of subrogation.

I would also take the car into a local body shop you know and see what kind of estimate they can give you on the damage. See if the insurance company is lowballing you and if they are, at that point you can go back to the insurance company and say that you have a shop that you want to use to be able to repair the damages. Still get the payout amount just cause you'll be able to spend the money on making the car back to the way you want it.

The dealership nor the insurance company care about whether or not you have a pristine front bumper, even if the car is brand new.

These are California regulations and each state varies, but I would assume they still have a settlement payout option and SHOULD (not is) be the same regarding a body shop for repairs. In CA and at State Farm we have Select Service Shops that are of 4+ star reputation and has all the requirements to be a Select Shop. If a customer wants to use a different shop, we cannot tell them no. Bottom line. Don't know specifics of your state though.

Oh btw this guy honestly does know his $hit so I'd honestly listen to what he's saying . I know him personally so I'd like to give him a vote of reliability.
FairladyZ40th is offline   Reply With Quote