View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico magic View Post
Thanks StLRedrider for the comp. and all you other gents for the quick replies. The warranty that they are peddling is called the "Security+Plus" warranty and covers the Engine, Transmission, Drive Axle, Steering, and Suspension components. The major components are on there such as the fuel pump, as well as other pumps.

What are they extended warranties facing right now? Is it that they are not honoring them as a nationwide warranty and people are getting turned away?

I guess it is just piece of mind for me in that if a pump does go out or something with the transmission fails I can just roll up to the dealer and they have to fix it.

Well with that, thanks for all the awesome replies and the comments and of course for the help!

~Rico
All that stuff will be covered anyway under your initial warranty. I cant remember what magazine did a special on them (Road and Track I think), but basically they all have the same issue - they will do ANYTHING they can to deny your claim, and they purposefully write their contracts so that there are tons of loopholes.

They always sound like a good deal, but almost everywhere Ive read says that its a gigantic waste of money.