View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
FairladyZ40th
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th 6MT
FairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismodean View Post
Dealership and other places are quoting $2800-$3000! I have NEVER been quoted so high for a clutch replacement before! Car has 63,000 miles and they're telling me that the dual mass flywheel ($1200) needs to be replaced too. WTF is that thing made out of? Recycled coke can aluminum!? I'm seriously considering just buying a clutch/flywheel combo and installing it myself on the base garage (military) over the weekend.

I just want to know if a lightened flywheel screws with the rev match system or should I go with a stock weight flywheel?

/end rant

A lightweight shouldn't mess with the system all that much. I installed one without doing a tuning and the car drove great.

Further, I don't suggest depending on the rev match. I only use it to race and that's it, I rev match my own gears even though I have rev match equipped. Lastly, should you get a combo kit: 1. do not cheap out on it, 2. Get a tuning done OR get a couple other upgrades and then tune. (Don't forget to mention you have a lightweight flywheel) 3. There's a lot of discussions on good clutch kits in this forum and suggestions for fluids etc. take a poke around

Hope the little knowledge helps brother and never trust or do work at the stealer ship. If you have a trusted mech or you're a mech your self then the best thing to do is to do your own work. That way you'll never be wondering if the other mechs are messing with your ride or over charging etc.

(personally I don't like anymore because the computer tries to predict every move you make and sometimes I accidentally move the manual to a different gear and the car over revs its self).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FairladyZ40th is offline   Reply With Quote