View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 12:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
MightyBobo
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: No cars; only bikes
MightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond reputeMightyBobo has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MightyBobo Send a message via Skype™ to MightyBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rico magic View Post
Haha, very true. I'll have to do a search in the DIY section. I guess I'll have to buy more tools if I don't have the right ones!

Here's a question I have, it is about warranties...

The dealer is offering a 72 month / 75000 mile warranty that covers "mechanical coverage" for $1,882 and a basic maintenance package that covers "oil & filter replacement, chassis lubrication & 15 point inspection plus $100/year reimbursement for key fob if lost or damaged" for $1,476

My question is it worth it to do either one. I was thinking that the mechanical coverage might be worth it since it is a new chassis and everything... what do you all think?

Oh and there is the Xzilon Coating that they were trying to pedal too... $699. What's the verdict? Thanks again.
No. No, no no. Do not do it. Those extended warranties are under a LOT of fire now - noticed you said SPECIFICALLY "mechanical" - imagine your fuel pump goes out. Guess what, its electrical, not "mechanical" - they wouldn't cover it. That's just one example. California has been after them for a while...

And the coating - let me guess, paint sealant? Its a joke. If its undercoating, even worse...you dont need that junk there in Florida, at all.

I used to work at a dealership - they make a LOT of money back if you haggled them to invoice pricing, by selling you this junk.