View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 07:43 PM   #412 (permalink)
Ryan @ RJM
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' G37S Coupe
Ryan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to allRyan @ RJM is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by brancky3 View Post
Installed mine tonight, HUGE improvement. As many others have said, this is how the car should have been delivered.

The install was way more frustrating than I thought though. The limited space in the cabin left my ribs sore and my right elbow raw from it rubbing on the carpet sliding in and out.

I also noticed you may have missed a step in the directions - there is nothing that says I needed to reuse the 14mm nuts on the electrical switches but they were necessary to keep the switches in place when the RJM pedal was bolted in.
Brancky, I'm happy to hear you're enjoying the new pedal and had a successful install. Unfortunately the tight space working under the dash is one thing I can't do anything about however I've eliminated as much work as possible with the new version as compared with the older units to reduce your time spent under there.
Did you happen to use a thick towel or blanket folded over the door sill to protect your ribs as suggested in the install guide? I know that makes a huge difference for me when installing these units for local customers.

As for missing a step in the guide I think you should reference steps #'s 20,30,31,34 & 35 which clearly instruct you (and with pictures/arrows) to install them onto the switches at the correct positions and use your 14mm wrench to tighten them

Home of the A.F.P. Upgraded Clutch Pedal System. Smoother Launches, Smoother Shifts & Improved Clutch Control Like No Other Pedal Mod You've Experianced Before Guaranteed!
Visit www.RJMPerformance.com or Email Ryan@RJMPerformance.com Also Don't Forget to Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/RJM-Performance
Ryan @ RJM is offline   Reply With Quote