View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 04:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
xxgary81xx
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370z
xxgary81xx is on a distinguished road
Default Starting Car Issue

Need some help
I am going crazy trying to figure out what is going on in with my Z. I have 2010 with 40k miles on it and mainly it's just mainly a weekend car. I have an invidia CB along with a K&N intake, installed over a yr ago. From time to time I start my car it powers up then shuts off ( revs normal). My battery was a little low after getting it tested so decided to start there and swap it out. I was hoping this was the problem but of course 10 minutes after I leave the dealership it does it again after I stop at dunkin donuts.They tested the alternator and starter and said there was no issue with either. I also do not have any CEL. AFter hitting the start button a few times the car goes on fine. Also sometimes I give it some gas at the same time. I had my steering wheel lock done 6months ago so I can rule that out. My K&N filters are clean, I blew them out a week ago to see if that helps. Any other suggestions, it's a shitty feeling to have such a good car that everyone stares at then you go to start it up and it fails!! The car drives perfectly fine. Could my MAF sensors be dirty. I do have an extended warranty but I prefer to avoid having them pick apart my car. Would appreciate any help
xxgary81xx is offline   Reply With Quote