View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 08:42 AM   #47 (permalink)
blobbish
Base Member

Drives: 370z Black Edition
blobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond reputeblobbish has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgunZ View Post
I never thought of doing that. Good idea to see how your heat soak it taking hold. It should rise when the hood is down. Crazy that it isn't getting warm after that air is going past it. That little manifold cooler just cant pull out the heat.
I looked at a video the tuner did during the tune and it does actually raise.

(Rough temps from memory)

Tick over
ambient 12.8C - water reservoir WR)
plenum 22C

Load
Plenum temps raise gradually to 35C@ full chat (gauge temp), ECU temp reads 45C (faster sensor)
During this the WR stays @12.8C until around 6000rpm and then I saw it raise steadily (12.9C, 13C, 13.1C) over the rest of the rpm range (say 3-4 seconds).

I found this quite encouraging. Real test will be the road test with the hood down and the final test the tuner does on the rollers with the hood down.

So with the ECU reading temps from the plenum and with the knock sensor detection enabled (throws a EML if detected) I'm hooping it wont self implode :smile:.

Figures, hit 470bhp but turned back a little to 452bhp.
blobbish is offline   Reply With Quote