View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 10:44 AM   #49 (permalink)
1cleanZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 PW Nismo
1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute1cleanZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreath View Post
Still having some issues. The first thing is sometimes its hard to get the transmission in gear. Mostly in 1st from a stop. Even while driving, the gear box is very very clunky. Im thinking either A) whatever the noise is in the transmission is causing this, or B) My slave cylinder needs to be bled again. Ill try plan b first as it will be the easiest and free fix.

My second issue is my tune. Because I changed up some of the routing on the intercooler piping, specifically the pipes from the turbo to the intercooler, the drivability has become somewhat loopy. Im getting lean codes and misfire codes. When stopping after first starting to drive the car, the car will die. Sometimes after I drive the car and try to start it again shortly after, the car will start and die immediately. Ill have to give it a little throttle to keep it alive enough to act right.

Anyway, after doing some thinking, I'm pretty sure that I won't drive this car on a track. Lots of reasons (excuses) why, but I'm sure it won't happen. I would much rather get another car to track. With that being said, I'm debating on selling my CJM RRP and buying an Aeromotive 340lph to replace it. It would simplify the fuel system a bit and I won't feel like I'm wasting the RRP. Any input on that? The hardest driving that I will do will be the dragon at ZDayZ. Anyone have any issues driving that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreath View Post
Weeelllll, the Z is dead again lol. My genius slave cylinder solution wasn't so genius after all. It blew. So Im going to order another from ZSpeed since that one seems to be more resilient than everything else.

So 2 things:

I need to have the car towed from my work to my house. Whats the best way to go about that since I dont have a tow hitch anymore? Im lowered on Swifts as well. Im thinking my only option is to have them grab it from the back by the subframe somehow. Take off my front bumper first for some more front end clearance while loading. Any better ideas?

Also Im going to cut my transmission harness and put a connector in it so it will be easier to remove the transmission. I have taken this thing out more times than I can remember, and this will just make it easier for the next time . Any recommendations for a good connector and pins, as in where I can find some?

Ish...after catching up and digging, I now see why this motor went :-\ The car definitely should not have been continued to be driven with these A/F ratios. Even under mild boost, you would completely be leaning the car out which is the #1 reason these motors tend to go w/ forced induction.
2009 PW Nismo #0021 -My Built Progress >>1cleanG to 1cleanZ<<
Team NextLevel
1cleanZ is offline   Reply With Quote