View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Wonka2581
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: MY WIFE CRAZY....
Wonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond reputeWonka2581 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
I did a lot of research on this recently because I installed all SPL stuff.
The general consensus is that in the front you need caster, almost as much as you can. I'm at 7.5, and a bit of camber around 2 degrees, I'm at 1.5. Toe was so all over the place, people going toe in, toe out, a bit more on the left because they're NASCAR drivers, etc... I went with 0.

On the rear the consensus is that you need some toe in for high speed stability and predictability coming out of turns. As for toe, same this as the front toe argument. People say it's not as necessary as front, and/or within 1 degree of what the front is...
Personally, I went with almost 0 camber and on the lowest end of spec for toe because when you're on the power, the car squats to hell increasing the camber and toe.
I can finally not chirp the tires in 3rd when driving hard

That said, my shitty opinion is to go conservative, because you still have to DD it, why burn tires when you don't need or want to?

My alignment is:
Front:
Caster 7.5
Camber 1.6
Toe 0

Rear:
Camber: 0-.25
Toe: .04 in each side (I think)

Awesome! Thank you,