View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
2011 Nismo#91
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowly
2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute2011 Nismo#91 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I am in the same same boat almost. Berk Non-resonated TPs, AAM Mids, and AAM short tails. I recently switched back to the stock nismo axle back. The sound was nice for short trips and WOT but terrible when taking long drives on the highway or just trying to get through local towns. I had the learn what RPMs didn't have huge amounts of resonance and avoid them, 3.1k was the worst at any amount of throttle. Resonators won't help the situation much, they'll just reduce some of the high points, might even make some new ones, resonators don't muffle, mufflers do =P.

One thing I could not do with the layout of the stock nismo midpipes was put in electric cut outs. The AAM mids seem to give enough room to install a pair of QTP cut outs for on demand volume. In the end it would be similar to the Armytrix setup but for a lot less and no Y pipe. One thing to note is that cut outs are notorious for failing QTP is the best of the lot but being exposed to the elements and hot exhaust is not good for electric motors.

This is the only way I have found without having to spend nearly 3k on an exhaust and have the best of both worlds loud and no restriction or cruising around being able to listen to my stereo.

You can put back the stock cat and that should put enough restriction in to make the sound levels bearable but that would reduce power output.
2011 Nismo#91 is offline   Reply With Quote