View Single Post
Old 02-24-2016, 10:33 PM   #41 (permalink)
nismo13807
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
nismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond reputenismo13807 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pinchy View Post
Tuning the amplifier is simple. No need to pay someone.
trust me.. i need to pay someone to tune it... knowing me.. i would end up blowing a speaker or 2 lmaoo.. not even gonna lie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
The 165k's are $600. the isc100's are $150. That's $750, not $1600++ unless you're using common core. lol. but seriously;
The 165kr are rated at 80w rms, the isc100 at 40w rms. The amp is rated at 100w rms, more than enough to drive these speakers to their potential and beyond. If the OP were interested in, say, competing in Iasca or Meca, I would recommend something else.
Costs more doesn't mean sounds better. Something I learned a looong time ago.
thanks for confirming the amp can power these speakers plus more.. i got confused because for the k2 165kr it said Max. power: 160W and
Nom. power: 80W... so i didnt know what Watt to go by along with Nom. impedance 4 ohms and DC resistance 3 ohms.. it just gives me a big of headache... also on a threads listed below,someone said the kp2 165kr speakers can handle a lot more power then the spec sheet listed ( 200w rms )..

Question about Focal Power Handling

FS - Focal K2P 165s (Like New)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pinchy View Post
Sorry Nismo13807 didn't mean to imply you were being cheap. Just didn't make sense that you are using high end speakers with an entry level amplifier. That being said here are three amps ,of many, I have used or are currently using and I am very pleased with them all. They are all four channel and can be purchased from $325 to $450 at this time.

JL XD400/4VS
Currently using to power components in the front and one ten inch sub.

Memphis 15-MCX4.75

Arc Audio FD4150

I like to experiment with various brands. These will provide exceptional sound at high levels with no distortion.

Also you mentioned you do not want a sub. The speakers behind the seats add almost no sonic impact or overall quality to the sound of the system. My feeling is a sub would contribute much more to the sound of your system. Zenclosures makes an awsome enclosure custom built to fit our cars. They will even adjust the cabinet airspace to your sub's requirement. I have this with a 10 inch sub and it sounds incredible. You could also purchase a sub enclosure and attach it to rear deck but I really like the finished look of the Zenclosure. Any of the amps listed above are bridgeable meaning you can combine one rear left and one rear right channel as one to drive one woofer at 200 to 250 RMS. When and if you decide to add a sub. Hope this helps.
oh.. dont trip.. i know u didnt imply me as being cheap and i totally understand what u were saying lol..

the rear speaker is just for when i want to play dvd or for bluetooth calling.. even tho if it doesnt do much or anything.. it's a cheap investment.. incase one day i do decide to get rears, i dont have to do another install and get another amp for it..

yea.. the zenclosure boxes look awesome! i have seen alot of those on a 370z build and that will b the route i take IF i do decide to ever get a sub!
thanks for the amp recommendations .. so are u saying that the Soundstream PN4.520D will start having distortion when in high volume?

Last edited by nismo13807; 02-25-2016 at 12:39 AM.
nismo13807 is offline   Reply With Quote