View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 07:41 AM   #44 (permalink)
FairladyZ40th
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2010 370z 40th 6MT
FairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond reputeFairladyZ40th has a reputation beyond repute

Just stick to top tier gas like chevron and shell, I'd also just stick to chevron techron concentrate or that Lucas bottle. Though it's true, the car won't really need it you'll notice the gains only briefly while the bottle is in play. That's only because the additives are making your octanes a little higher and makes your car run at a higher temperature to help break down any build up. However, once you get to about a quarter tank or your next fuel up you may notice a slight drop in performance.

I'd strongly advice against any other additive and be careful. My experience with this has led me to have to replace my fuel pump because it's clogged or something. It happened after I used Zmax oil and fuel system cleaners at the same time. The car was running very well for a little then suddenly I started having issues with start ups. The car sounds like it's drowning or something and I have to sit there for like 30 mins just trying to get gas to the lines. Luckily I got my new pump in just yesterday Walbro 400lph haha.

By the way anyone know of a good DIY link for a fuel pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FairladyZ40th is offline   Reply With Quote