View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 09:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
smokinsound
Base Member

Drives: 2013 370Z Nismo MT6
smokinsound is on a distinguished road

Yeah... I understand your fear. From what I've been reading it seems like they can't just terminate your warranty all together due to you installing mods. The most they can do is reject a warranty claim if they can prove that the damage to the car was caused by an aftermarket part. At that point they may flag that part along with anything else that mod is wearing or damaging the vehicle. Seems like people go in under warranty with CAI and catbacks installed. Not sure about the LTH though. The only thing I like about dealer oil changes (aside from being free) is that they can keep up with the drivetrain while they're down there and keep an eye out for leaks or failing parts that would be covered under warranty (mechanics are always looking for warranty work, especially if the shop is a little slow!) and it also looks good in terms of resale value when you have a complete history of your vehicle's maintenance and services.

Bottom line, If I didn't have the warranty, I'd be doing the Z's maintenance myself. Good luck with your decision.
smokinsound is offline   Reply With Quote