View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 01:44 PM   #1493 (permalink)
SS_Firehawk
Premium Member

Drives: 13' Magma Red Nismo
SS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond reputeSS_Firehawk has a reputation beyond repute

My observations...

The Z platform can lose weight if it's not shared with an SUV.
Since we know it's a turbo V6, at least one model is guaranteed to make 400hp.
Nissan took a step in the right direction with Infiniti in removing the stupid steer by wire and put the hydrolic pump with electric assist back in.
There aren't any cars available in the market for under $100,000 that make 400 or more hp and weigh 3,000lbs.
Its easier to add power than reduce weight, its more cost effective, and it sells more. I'm fully expecting weight to sit around 3200lbs.
I'm betting that Nissan will rely on gearing, quick shifting transmissions, launch control, and trick suspension settings to keep pace with the big V8's. I don't think the goal is to beat them at their own game, but to be subjectively better at everything else.

Idk how many of you have driven the Mustangs and Camaro's with the performance packages, hell, even the Vettes. The steering feel, the accuracy, the turn in the car has over those vehicles is night and day. The car just feels better to drive. Ive been car shopping for the Wife and I always come back disappointed. You really need to get into a specialty vehicle to get anything remotely similar for under $70,000.

If the Cayman S is still the Z's target, and if they intend to match or beat that car from a numbers standpoint, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

SS_Firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote