View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 09:32 AM   #5193 (permalink)
TBatt
Premium Member

Drives: 2019 GT-R
TBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond reputeTBatt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by barncobob View Post
My FI 18" resonated CB is sounding most excellent now...1500 miles.
Im 67 and i like a little growl but inside the car was a little noisy at different RPMs, my girlfriend even commented on it..
So i unhooked the Bose doughnut thingamobob over the spare tire and OMG it sounds so much better in the cab, I can actually here the exhaust in its true form.
thinking of just removing Bose item and saving 10lbs.
curious if anyone has tried this or am I just wishful hearing different.
That item is the sub-woofer. I'm not sure why it would have any effect on the exhaust sound. I don't think that the Z has any active noise cancellation that would be using the sub. Anyone know?

I've got the touring package with the Bose sub. I'll unplug it and see (hear) what difference it makes.

Us old guys need to support each other.
RJM pedal, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FI TDX, FOG Light, Z1 Slotted Drilled rotors, Stillen SC, Quaife ATB, Z1 Oil cooler, AEM Gauge Set, Galeforce gauge mount, Avant Garde M590 Hypersilver w/RE-11, TopgunZ A2A kit., ECUtek tuned by Seb: ROLL TIDE!
TBatt is offline   Reply With Quote