View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 09:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
B&W_Evader
Track Member

Drives: slower than before
B&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond reputeB&W_Evader has a reputation beyond repute

Next, clean all the inside using a brand new clean rag. Don't get grit or grime in here, this area needs to be pristine. Grease the seal with the provided grease and press it into the groove. Work both ends around, the last part will curl up but just work on it. It'll pop in. Then give it a visual to make sure you didn't put a twist in it. Grease the dust boot in the areas that will be touching metal. Not sure if you're supposed to pack the inside or not since they gave me a second type of grease that could be used for that. I left mine dry since it was dry when I took it apart. Put the boot on the piston then slide the piston in. I put a very light film of grease on the piston OD so it would slide in more easily. Push the boot in between the piston and the clipper. I used a small screwdriver to get it to seat all the way. Then get the metal clip in the gap and push gently until it snaps into position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caliper_01.jpg (128.1 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by B&W_Evader; 02-08-2016 at 09:20 AM.
B&W_Evader is offline   Reply With Quote