View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 10:52 AM   #1388 (permalink)
TerribleONE
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: WOT
TerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond reputeTerribleONE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
Your debate is NOT reflective of my statement. What I was trying to say that high horsepower cars shouldn't be manual because of the power level. It's a lot of power in these newer modern cars. I feel that if going a quarter mile in 11.98 seconds and you're driving on the street... It's not the safest thing in the world to have that much power on a manual transmission for daily use...
Example: I wouldn't buy a manual Z06. But I'd get a manual camaro v6. In the case of the Z06. It's the intelligent street drivers choice to buy an automatic.

Trust me shifting gears isn't your first priority when dealing with that much power at the limit. There's a lot going on without you having to play with a stick. The more engaging argument is moot at this power level when compared to road safety...
If stick was the sports car transmission of choice?
It would be in formula one cars.

All being said... Telling me you hate me over an opinion is extremely childish. It's amazing how serious this debate got over personal opinion and observation.
My car makes more power than a Z06 and is MT. Are you saying that means I lack intelligence?

You do realize that after driving a MT for a while it becomes second nature. Just because YOU wouldn't buy one doesn't mean that it isn't intelligent.